Georgia PTA has been listening to your feedback, and we heard your concerns about time, paper forms, check payments for membership, and the challenges of raising funds. It's exhausting trying to figure out all the tools you need to actively engage parents and families, teachers and staff, businesses, and the community in our mission to make every child's potential a reality.
In response, Georgia PTA is excited to announce that we will be transitioning from manual paper forms to provide MemberHub, a FREE online tool (valued at $1,200) for all local units!
MemberHub is a software platform designed specifically for PTA leaders like you. Take advantage of tools that make it easier to engage families, raise money and stay in good standing.
Get started right away:
Obtain you MemberHub Login Email
Request welcome package and MemberHub login email
Activate Your School's MemberHub Site
- Visit memberhub.com/login
- Enter your MemberHub login email address.
- Choose the 2nd option, “I need to create a password” and enter your first and last name.
- Check your inbox and click the link in the confirmation email. Choose a password.
- Once logged in, if prompted, update your school’s MemberHub site address for example: ABCElementary.MemberHub.com
- Add People to your site! For instructions, see the Getting Started steps in your MemberHub welcome package or go there now!
Update| Add Officer's
- Select the Admin Console button in the upper right. You’ll be taken to the PTA tab.
- On the right, click Officers.
- If you need to add officers, click the Add Officer button on the left under the officer list. In the popup, enter the officer’s details and check whether to give them admin rights. Then, click the Add Officer button on the bottom.
Already Activated Your Account?
Please head to your school’s MemberHub site and login or you can always login at memberhub.com/login
Local units use MemberHub for the following purposes:
- Accept online membership payments
- Update the name and email address of PTA officers
- Enter name and email for members that do not join online through the
- Send email directly to PTA members
- Confirm annual PTA Audit has been completed and results reported to your PTA’s Board of Directors
- Enter the filing date of annual IRS Form 990
- Download membership cards
Remember to activate the WePay Merchant Processing Agreement for Your PTA to accept online payments through the MemberHub site.
Every PTA volunteer we know is eager for help. That’s why MemberHub has a team of dedicated customer engagement representatives — who are all PTA leaders themselves — to help you get the most out of MemberHub.
If you want some one-on-one help setting up your MemberHub site, just schedule a call!
Here are some resources to help you customize your site and get families on board:
- Link to the Getting Started walkmes? Or something like that?
- MemberHub support: Articles and videos to help you get started
- Video series and help articles on customizing your account
- Support resource list for info on MemberHub and PTA operations, to help you get the right answer quickly.
* To get started please be logged into your MemberHub account in a Google Chrome web browser.
A. PTA is a tri-level association, meaning that membership in a local PTA unit also means membership in the state association and the national association (it’s one inclusive membership). Membership associations are required to maintain member lists at all levels. Historically, Georgia PTA has relied on the local units to provide that information as needed, but a more comprehensive and centralized approach is actually required. MemberHub provides that platform.
Georgia PTA’s contract with MemberHub stipulates that MemberHub neither owns any data in the Georgia PTA portions of the database (any local unit, council, district, or state hub) nor is allowed to use the data in the database for its own purposes except in aggregate, redacted form. In other words, they can use it for general data reporting, such as stating how many members are in the state’s database or demonstrating how many local units are set up or using their online stores, but they cannot use any personal information that is in the database to increase their revenue. If they were to use the data outside of the parameters of their contractual obligations and allowances, they would be in breach of their contract.
Georgia PTA is also only using the data in aggregate form. Currently, that data reporting includes total number of active/inactive units, total number of units using MemberHub and WePay, number of members per unit, number of member dues paid to Georgia PTA, number of member dues to be paid to Georgia PTA (in progress or not yet sent), and types of members.
A. At a minimum, per the Leadership Resource Guide, local units are required to:
- Enter Incoming Officers
- Enter Committee Chairs
- Enter Members (if the store is not active)
- Help Members Locate Membership Cards
- Remit Dues
A. WePay is not required if you do not plan to sell memberships, spirit wear, or other goods, or if you don’t plan to collect other donations via your MemberHub store.
If you choose to set up WePay, the fees are 3.5% + $0.50 per credit card payment. If you have a $10.00 transaction, for example, the associated fees would be $0.35 + $0.50 = $0.85, making the total transaction $10.85 if the fees are passed on to your members/customers. You may choose to absorb the fees within your local unit, as well.
You may consider using other credit card processing alternatives if you wish, including the merchant processing service associated with Membership Toolkit, PayPal, and Square. Fees for each of these varies. Please check with each provider to determine what fees will be assessed per transaction.