We heard you!
You may now electronically submit your Intent to Run from the Floor for a GA PTA Officer Position AND you have until 30 days prior to the start of Convention and Leadership Training to submit your intent.
Hello Georgia PTA members,
In an effort to provide greater opportunity and flexibility to our members, the Georgia PTA Board of Directors, at a special called meeting, voted to expand the ability of members to submit to run from the floor at CLT for a Georgia PTA officer position. The new policy allows for electronic submission of intent AND
extends the submission window from 45 days prior to the start of convention to 30 days prior to the start of convention.
This means that intentions to run from the floor may be submitted electronically or through the US mail.For electronic submission:
) no later than 11:59PM on Wednesday, May 12, 2021
. You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of your submission.For submission via US Mail:
The intent to run from the floor shall be postmarked no later than 30 days prior to the opening session of convention. Submissions must
be mailed via United States Postal Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested and postmarked by Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Please send to:
ATTENTION: Nominating Chair, Sidney Richardson
114 Baker Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
If you have already submitted an intent to run from the floor form, we thank you! You do not need to resubmit.
Application to Run from the Floor for a GAPTA Officer Position
For anyone interested in running for a GA PTA officer position from the floor at Convention and Leadership Training (June 11-12, 2021), please download and submit this application as outlined above.
Complete information on the duties of officers and their elections can be found in the Georgia PTA Bylaws. In addition to the qualifications listed in the bylaws (below), candidates will have to adhere to the requirements outlined in Appendix D: Policy on Elections (NOTE: the posted Policy on Elections has not been updated to reflect above changes).
from the Georgia PTA Bylaws, Article VIII: Officers and Their Election:
Section 4. The following provisions shall govern the qualifications and eligibility of individuals to be officers of the Georgia PTA:
- (a) Each officer shall be a member of a local PTA/PTSA chartered by the Georgia PTA.
- (b) No person is eligible for office who at the time of election, has not served, within the previous five (5) years, at least one full term, as a member of the Georgia PTA Board of Directors; a member of a Georgia PTA Standing Committee; or a member of the National PTA Board of Directors; or a member of a National PTA committee elected or otherwise;
- (c) Candidates for the office of treasurer must have evidenced experience in financial matters, preferably with volunteer service not limited to the council, district, state, or national level.
- (d) Candidates for the office of treasurer, with professional accounting experience would be exempt of eligibility requirements in Article VIII, Sect. 4, para. b. of these bylaws.
- (e) No officer may be eligible to serve more than one (1) full term in the same office.
- (f) A person who has served in an office for more than one-half (1/2) of a term shall be deemed to have served a full term in such office.
- (g) No person shall hold more than one (1) state PTA position simultaneously; and
- (h) Be a natural person who is 18 years of age or older. Georgia Code for Non-Profits § 14-3-802