This is a one-year, non-renewable grant.
- Is a graduating senior of a Georgia high school with a PTA/PTSA.
- Parent/guardian is a current member of PTA/PTSA. The PTA/PTSA must be in good standing (i.e., dues paid, approved bylaws on file).
- Student AND parent/guardian must provide a copy of PTA/PTSA membership card with application.
- Will attend a college, university, post-secondary institution or trade/vocational school during the upcoming school year.
- Has exhibited good character.
- Has a satisfactory scholastic record. Grade point 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Has not received a full scholarship(s) and/or does not have a financial need.
- Is NOT related to a member of the Georgia PTA Board of Directors nor an appointed Specialist or Consultant.
Don’t forget to include these items in your application package:
- Proof of your PTA membership
- Descriptive essay (maximum two pages) outlining your proposed field of study and why you have chosen this career field.
- Two completed reference letters, written specifically for this application.
- When mailing your application packet, please assemble packet in the following order: application, letters of recommendation, essay, transcript, and copy of membership cards.
All scholarships require current membership at PTAs in good standing, so if you’re not yet a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to contact your local PTA and join today!
Georgia PTA Student Scholarship
114 Baker Street NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30308-3366