Georgia PTA is seeking qualified, eligible individuals for the following state officer positions to be elected at Convention Leadership Training - June 2019:
- President Elect
- First Vice President
- Second Vice President
Who is a qualified, eligible individual?
The following provisions for service are found in the Georgia PTA Bylaws, as follows:
Article VIII: Officers and Their Elections, Sections 4 and 5
Section 4. The following provisions shall govern the qualifications and eligibility of individuals to be officers of the Georgia PTA:
- Each officer shall be a member of a local PTA/PTSA chartered by the Georgia PTA;
- All nominees must be current or former members of the Georgia PTA Board of Directors;
- No officer may be eligible to serve more than one (1) full term in the same office;
- A person who has served in an office for more than one-half (1/2) of a term shall be deemed to have served a full term in such office;
- No person shall hold more than one (1) state PTA position simultaneously; and
- Be a natural person who is 18 years of age or older. Georgia Code for Non-Profits 14-3-802.
Section 5. Each officer elected at an annual convention shall take office at the close of the election convention and shall serve for a term of two (2) years or until their successor is elected.
Article X: Board of Directors, Section 2
Section 2. Each board member shall:
- Be a member of a local PTA/PTSA chartered by the Georgia PTA;
- Not hold more than one (1) state PTA position simultaneously;
- Not serve simultaneously as a council or local unit president; and
- Be a natural person who is 18 years of age or older.
All qualified, eligible Georgia PTA board members who are interested in completing the Nomination Package, must submit all portions as found on the Checklist (page 11 of the Georgia PTA Nomination Package | 2019 - 2021 Georgia PTA Officer Elections). Be sure to complete and submit all pages of the Nomination Package. All incomplete Nomination Packages will not be accepted for consideration for a slated officer position. Also, completed Nomination Packages must be mailed, per instructions (pages 1 and 11 of the Georgia PTA Nomination Package | 2019 - 2021 Georgia PTA Officer Elections). Electronic versions will not be accepted for consideration for a slated officer position.
All questions on the Nomination Package and / or process shall be directed to email@example.com.
Note to all current and past Georgia PTA Board Members:
If you have an email address on file with the Georgia PTA state office, other than a georgiapta email address, the fill-able form Nomination Package | 2019 - 2021 Georgia PTA Officer Elections document will have been emailed to you. The fill-able form is for your convenience only. Please remember that all completed Nomination Packages must be mailed, and will not be accepted if sent electronically.
We look forward to working with you and implementing this process pursuant to the Georgia PTA governance structure. It is the goal of the Georgia PTA Committee on Nomination of Officers to nominate the most qualified slate of officers for the 2019 - 2021 Georgia PTA Board of Directors.
Thank you for your continued service to Georgia's students, families, and schools!