Georgia PTA does not sell or rent member information to anyone.
To help provide more value for PTA membership, sponsors and member benefit providers may receive limited and restricted opportunities to communicate special offers to our members. Our sponsors and member benefit providers never see the list or have direct access. PTA does not allow sponsors or members benefits providers to solicit members under the age of 18, when designated as such. PTA uses state-of-the-art technologies and processes to protect and secure any information it collects.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Georgia PTA, and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
The purpose of the Georgia PTA web site is to provide information that is helpful and easy to find. Links to and from our web site are generally encouraged, though some restrictions and disclaimers are appropriate to protect the integrity of Georgia PTA’s web site, content and brand name.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Georgia PTA. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed within them.
All links from georgiapta.org must contain information that is relevant and related to Georgia PTA’s mission. Links to third-party pages that support particular products, services, organizations, political candidates, legislative issues, causes or campaigns are not allowed. Georgia PTA reserves the right to remove a link at any time without cause.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Georgia PTA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. Offering a link does not imply endorsement by Georgia PTA. The fact that we offer a link shall not be used for advertising or promotional purposes. Georgia PTA does not assume responsibility for the content of linked sites and does not independently verify or exert editorial control over information on the linked sites. Georgia PTA shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by or alleged to be caused by use of the linked site in any way.
Terms and conditions for website usage
The term ‘Georgia PTA’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 114 Baker Street Atlanta, GA 30308 and is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary or education purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information found on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information available through this website meets your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the Georgia PTA’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States.
Internet copyright notice
This website and its content is copyright of the Georgia PTA (© Georgia PTA 2013). All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) on your online registration we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our site, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Websites & Links
The Site may contain links to other websites or services maintained by our customers or third parties. We make no representation or warranties and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party. Georgia PTA encourages web sites to link to our site so that the public can view valuable information on the education, safety and welfare of our children. Advance permission is not required before linking, but advance notice is appreciated. Send notices to email@example.com.
While Georgia PTA does not restrict links to our web site, there are criteria that should be met or we will ask that the link be removed. Sites linking to Georgia PTA must not:
- Replicate content on Georgia PTA’s site (see Permission Policy)
- Frame www.georgiapta.org content within their site in a way that makes Georgia PTA content appear to originate from within the linking site.
- Links to www.georgiapta.org should be full forward links that deliver browsers directly to www.georgiapta.org.
- Misrepresent Georgia PTA’s relationship with the linking site or otherwise imply that Georgia PTA endorses or sponsors the linking site in any way.
- Knowingly publish false or misleading statements or host content that could be construed as obscene, libelous, defamatory, pornographic or inappropriate for any age.
The above criteria also apply to the use of PTA graphics, logos and other material trademarked by PTA.
Our site is designed to be used by people over 13 years of age. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. Georgia PTA does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides Personal Information through our site represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted.
For more information, contact us at 404-659-0214