Attention All Council Officers
High Five to High Achievers! Click here for details….
Georgia PTA Dues Increase
On July 15, 2011 Georgia PTA convention delegates approved a fifty cents ($.50) increase to raise Georgia PTA’s portion of the member fees from $1.00 to $1.50. The increase is effective July 1, 2012, raising Georgia PTA’s portion of membership dues to $1.50.
Since the last State dues increase 9 years ago, operating costs and the increased need for services and resources have far exceeded cost cutting measures and the ability to keep up with rising costs.
Total National PTA and Georgia PTA dues per member = $3.75.
Your PTA/PTSA should:
- Evaluate budget needs and determine if your PTA/PTSA can sustain its priorities, programs and services to parents, teachers and students without a dues increase to its members.
- If it is determined that your PTA/PTSA dues should be increased, you must amend your bylaws. Amendments to local unit bylaws require:
- 30 days notice to the membership of the specified change
- Approval by a 2/3 vote of the members at a general meeting
- One copy of the bylaws amendment is to be forwarded to the Georgia PTA for approval
Bylaws become effective upon receipt of an approved stamped copy from Georgia PTA.
PTA remains an incredible value. For less than the cost of a movie ticket, PTA members belong to an association that uses its power and voice to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities.