National PTA is now accepting applications for the 2018 Jan Harp Domene Diversity and Inclusion Award. This award recognizes PTAs that best demonstrate outstanding achievement in the areas of diversity and inclusion, as well as efforts to end discriminatory practices.
Winners Will Receive:
- $1,000 cash award
- 1 Plaque/Trophy
- Honored at the D&I Breakfast at the National PTA Convention
- Honored at the Awards Program at the National PTA Convention
- 2 tickets to the Diversity & Inclusion Breakfast at National PTA Convention
- 2 tickets to the Awards Dinner at National PTA Convention (1 person recognized on stage and individuals must be the same as those attending the breakfast)
- Potential opportunity to be a speaker at the Diversity & Inclusion Breakfast
- Certificates for PTA members named in the application
Who Should Apply?:
- PTAs with proven efforts in welcoming diverse members of their community.
- PTAs who have effectively hosted multicultural events to engage diverse communities.
- PTAs that have been able to recognize and address issues regarding bias, prejudice and misunderstanding to promote diversity and inclusion.
- PTAs who have effectively partnered with community organizations to increase brand awareness of PTA in their community including underrepresented groups.
- PTAs who have made meaningful connections with key members of the community to impact membership and volunteerism.
- PTAs who have increased the diversity of their board.
- PTAs who have had success in diversifying their membership.
- PTAs interested in continuing to grow their initiatives and efforts to expand their outreach.
Instructions – Requirement – Preview:
- Review full application (.PDF) for all criteria and details:
- 2018 Jan Harp Domene Award Application (FULL)
- Aplicación para el Premio Jan Harp Domene 2018 en Español (COMPLETA)
Ready to Apply?
Once you have gathered all of the components, submit your application online by the deadline of Saturday, March 31, 2018, 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PST. Remember to save your narrative document for your records.
Email Diversity@PTA.org or call (800) 307-4PTA (4782).