The 2016-2017 Reflections Theme is:
The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools and communities is unmatched with the majority of Georgia PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
That’s why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
Introduction to the Online System for Reflections (PowerPoint)
Submitting to Council/State:
Local Unit Reflections Chairs: As you prepare your student entries to move forward from local unit to council or state level judging, we have a 3 step process we would like for you to follow.
- Step 1 – Complete the Local Unit Participation Form
- Step 2 – Complete the Winners Log. Please note that there are three tabs in the Winners Log Excel Spreadsheet. Please be sure to completely fill out the information on all three tabs (Local PTA Information, Winners List, Special Artist Winners)
- Step 3 – Register your local unit with National PTA. We do not require Local Units to input their student entries into the online database, however, local units AND Councils need to create an account and register their schools in the online system.
State Deadline for 2018-2019 Theme SEARCH Entries: Oct. 7, 2016
Rules and Forms
Special Artists Division
- Poster 2016-2017
- Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Abridged Reflections Rules
- Local Student Entry Form
- Consent Form
- Entry Packaging Guidelines
- Reflections Flyer for 2016-2017
- Tips for promoting Reflections 2016-17
- Local Unit Reflections Checklist
- Certificate of Recognition (and Other Awards)
- Arts in Education Flyer – English
- Arts in Education Flyer – Spanish