The 2016-2017 Reflections Theme is:
The Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Since 1969, over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.
The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools and communities is unmatched with the majority of Georgia PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
That’s why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
After you collect your artwork, it is time for judging. To aid the judges, provide each judge with the Judging Guidelines and the Score Card.
Submitting to Council/State:
Local Unit Reflections Chairs: As you prepare your student entries to move forward from local unit to council or state level judging, we have a 3 step process we would like for you to follow.
- Step 1 – Complete the Local Unit Participation Form
- Step 2 – Complete the Winners Log. Please note that there are three tabs in the Winners Log Excel Spreadsheet. Please be sure to completely fill out the information on all three tabs (Local PTA Information, Winners List, Special Artist Winners)
- Step 3 – Register your local unit with National PTA. We do not require Local Units to input their student entries into the online database, however, local units AND Councils need to create an account and register their schools in the online system.
State Deadline for 2018-2019 Theme SEARCH Entries: Oct. 7, 2016
Rules and Forms
- Reflections Rules Packet (Does not contain forms.)
- General Rules
- Dance Rules
- Film Rules
- Literature Rules
- Music Rules
- Photography Rules
- Visual Arts Rules
- Local Student Entry Form
- Consent Form
Special Artists Division
- Special Artists Local Student Entry Form
(Be sure to mark the box indicating this is a Special Artist Entry.)
- Special Artists Rules
- Special Artist Flyer English
- Special Artist Flyer Spanish
State Deadline for 2016-2017 Entries: December 2, 2016
These documents can be used together to create a packet of information to send home with interested students.
- Poster 2016-2017
- Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Abridged Reflections Rules
- Reflections Quick Points
- Local Student Entry Form
- Consent Form
- Reflections Flyer for 2016-2017
- Tips for promoting Reflections 2016-17
- Local Unit Reflections Checklist
- Certificate of Recognition (and Other Awards)
- Arts in Education Flyer – English
- Arts in Education Flyer – Spanish
Mary Lou Anderson Reflections Arts Enhancement Grant Program
Is your PTA planning a creative Arts Program for students? Each year, National PTA provides up to $1,000 in matching funds for PTA sponsored Arts Programs facilitating sustained involvement in the arts that target populations of at-risk students.
Formulario para Búsqueda Tema en Español
- Formulario para búsqueda de tema 2018 – 2019 (y temas años anteriores)
(Theme Search Entry Form)
Fin de plazo del Estado para Entradas de 2018-2019 Búsqueda Tema: 7 Oct. 2016
Reglas Oficiales y Formularios en Español
- Reglas Oficiales (Official Rules)
- Reglas de Baile – Próximamente! (Dance Rules)
- Reglas de Pelicula – Próximamente! (Film Rules)
- Reglas de Literatura – Próximamente! (Literature Rules)
- Reglas de Música – Próximamente! (Music Rules)
- Reglas de Fotografía – Próximamente! (Photography Rules)
- Reglas de Artes Visuales (Visual Arts Rules)
- Forma de Participación de Estudiante (Student Entry Form)
- Formulario de Consentimiento (Consent Form)
- Reglas de Artista Especial – Próximamente! (Special Artist Rules)
Fin de plazo del Estado para 2016-2017 Entradas: 2 Dec. 2016