CLT 2019 | Convention & Leadership Training Volunteers
Applications for CLT 2019 volunteers are now open. Review the below responsibilities, time commitment, and requirements before applying.
Our convention could not run without our volunteers. Your help is needed and appreciated to help the convention run smoothly and efficiently. Volunteers are needed in many areas and for the entire time the convention is going on. All volunteer positions are easy to learn and many can be completed in just a little over 3 hours.
Georgia PTA expresses appreciation of our volunteers! Georgia PTA is offering, to all Georgia PTA active members, a chance to volunteer at the 105th Convention Leadership Training this June. Georgia PTA will select 15-20 members on a first-come, first-served basis. In exchange, Georgia will pay for $100 of registration fees. The Convention & Leadership Training is June 7-8, 2019, in Atlanta, Georgia.
Gas, Mileage, Travel, Food or Registration fees for the annual convention and special events are not reimbursed.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Assisting attendees in scanning their conference badges
- Monitoring rooms and room capacity
- Assisting with Workshop Presenters Check-in
- Acting as role of session chairs; introducing speakers
- Providing general assistance to CLT attendees
- Students must attend a 1 hour training meeting on Thursday, June 6 (information on exact time and location will be shared with selected applicants).
- Volunteer hours will run from 7:00am - 5:00pm, from Friday, June 7 through Saturday, June 8, 2019 – all 2 days of the conference
- Each day will consist of two to three shifts lasting roughly one hour each
- Georgia PTA will reimburse $100 of your Early Bird registration fee, which is $100. (Reimbursement will occur onsite only after all assigned shifts have been completed)
- Volunteers can attend education sessions, HOWEVER, you will be late to sessions because you will be working. Once your designated shift is over, you are free to attend sessions
- Volunteers have the ability to network with attendees - school administrators, parents and students from all over the state
- Volunteers receive a free CLT 2019 volunteer conference t-shirt
Volunteer requirements submission and information
- Volunteers must be current Georgia PTA members
- Not a Georgia PTA member? Visit member benefits today to find out about the benefits of membership in Georgia PTA or join now at www.georgiapta.org/Join
- Volunteers will be notified of their acceptance in early April (before the April Early Bird deadline)
- Once the acceptance notification is received via email, volunteers must register for CLT before the April 30th Early Bird deadline,.
- Spaces are limited and volunteers are selected on a first-come, first-served basis
Contact CLT 2019 Volunteers