Georgia PTA has been selected as one of 9 states to partner closely with National PTA to benefit the children of Georgia by building an advocacy capacity and strengthening efforts of Georgia's outreach.
Georgia PTA is committed to:
- Educate state/local members about the issues related to College and Career Readiness: standards, assessments, implementation and accountability.
- Train state/local leaders and members on advocacy skills essential to a successful issue campaign and mobilizing members.
- Educate state level education policymakers and coalition partners about the CCRI and assessments, and advocate for effective implementation.
Georgia PTA CCRI Committee includes:
|Tyler Barr||State Presidentemail@example.com|
|Kristy Flowers||Member Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The resources made available to Georgia PTA participating in the initiative provides a marked opportunity for improving child advocacy capabilities, enhancing the ability to mobilize members, increasing the PTA’s stature as a critical education player, and have experienced a major impact on improving educational opportunities for children.
The goal for Georgia PTA CCRI Committee, is to work with our partners and in the community to share factual information about Georgia's Career and College Ready Standards (CCRS), and Georgia’s Plan for the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Host a college and career readiness member event, earn cash for a local unit and enter to win a FREE Convention and Leadership Training (CLT 2018) Registration, including one night hotel stay! After you’ve scheduled your training, invited attendees and promoted the training to your local parents, you’re ready for the big event! We also encourage you to invite your school’s principal or teacher to attend this event as they will have additional information to share and can help answer localized questions. LEARN MORE
Georgia State Assessment
With the adoption of the higher quality college and career ready standards across the country, states have implemented measures of college and career readiness into their assessment systems to determine whether students are on track for life after high school. National PTA has compiled all of the resources parents need to learn more about these new college and career standards aligned assessments.
Parents' Guides to Student Success
The Parents’ Guides to Student Success were developed by teachers, parents and education experts in response to the Common Core State Standards that more than 45 states have adopted.
Created for grades K-8 and high school English, language arts/literacy and mathematics, the guides provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career.
The guides include:
- Key items children should be learning in English language arts and mathematics in each grade, once Common Core Standards are fully implemented.
- Activities that parents can do at home to support their child's learning.
- Methods for helping parents build stronger relationships with their child's teacher.
- Tips for planning for college and career (high school only).