Your education doesn’t end once you walk across that high-school graduation stage.
That’s why Georgia PTA has scholarships to help you achieve your college dreams and your life goals. Georgia PTA Scholarships assist students who have successfully completed high school and who are interested in furthering their education in a college, university or post-secondary institution. Georgia PTA Scholarships, the first of which was established in 1963, are funded solely through memberships, local unit PTA, Council contributions and other donations. The number of awards and amounts of each scholarship vary year-to-year depending on the donations.
This scholarship recognizes graduating seniors for their volunteer service in schools and communities, allowing them to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools. Applicants must be PTA members graduating from a Georgia high school between January 1 and June 30 of the current academic year.
Applications for the 2017-18 year are now open!
Applications, reference forms and all supporting documents must be received in the Georgia State PTA office by April 16th. All applicants are notified of their status in May. Scholarship winners receive a letter of congratulations and recognition certificate from Georgia PTA along with a check. For questions and more information, please contact the Youth Services Chair at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to include these items in your application:
- Proof of your PTA membership
- Descriptive essay (maximum two pages) outlining your proposed field of study and why you have chosen this career field.
- Current high school transcript.
- Your volunteer service in the community
- Two completed reference forms and letters, written specifically for this application (first reference written by a community volunteer leader unrelated to you and with whom you volunteered; second reference written by a member of the high-school faculty).
- When mailing a hard copy of your application packet, please do not fold the scholarship application or supporting documents. Assemble packet in the following order: application, letters of recommendation, essay, transcript, and copy of membership cards..
All scholarships require current membership at PTAs in good standing, so if you’re not yet a member but are interested in applying for these opportunities, be sure to contact your local PTA and join today!