- Attend board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Get educated: take advantage of in-person and online training opportunities
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about monthly financial report
- Prepare content for newsletter or social media
- Review and update your website
- Participate, help others, and communicate
Complete year-end financial review by August 31.
Update calendar for membership meetings or PTA activities for the year
Make sure your public-facing calendar is up-to-date for your members.
Speak at the August school staff meeting (with permission)
Coordinate with the principal. Introduce yourself, talk about membership, share the benefits of PTA, explain any grants, reimbursement forms, programs, or events that directly affect staff.
Hold your first board meeting/retreat
As a board, set goals, prepare for your first membership meeting, review your budget and standing rules, and recommend these documents for approval at your first membership meeting.
Begin search for potential nominating committee members
Review your board structure for next year
Changes in board structure need to be approved in standing rules before the nominating committee is elected.
Share online GAPTA leader resources with all officers
Start your membership drive